Eilidh needs a Super Hero to save the day! Encourage your kids to make up a new Super Hero with awesome powers and write a short story about how Eilidh gets saved.
I hope to publish as many of the stories as I can during March in the run up to World Down’s Syndrome Day on the 21st March. The best stories in each age group will win a prize so encourage your kids to get involved.
DS Scotland undertake amazing work to support families across Scotland and rely on fundraising activities to maintain and continually improve their services. I aim to raise some funds off the back of the stories during March by asking readers to vote for their favourites and donate.
Get the kids writing! Entries are due 28th February!
1. Entry to this competition is open to persons who will be aged under 12 years on the 28th February 2018 who are full time residents of the UK.
2. Entries must be submitted by an adult (parent/guardian or teacher) on behalf of the child; this adult must have parental consent.
3. Entrants must write a fictional short story (no more than 500 words in length), include some artwork if they wish and state their age.
4. Entry is via email to email@example.com
5. Entry closes on Wednesday 28th February 2018 at 19:00.
6. Entrants agree that DownWithDad may publish the stories on social media, websites or in printed form to support charity donations.
7. Prizes will be awarded in under 8 and under 12 categories and winners will be judged by DownWithDad before 1st April 2018